Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is this another one of those?

Why does the world need another attention starved, woe-yet-blessed-am-I-to-be-a-mom wannabe writer? No reason! Google something else. Please! I sure would. This is a painfully generic attempt to vomit thoughts that keep me tossing at 1:32 every night. A verbal expression of my monthly treadmill exorcism.

I'm a mom to two (hope to be four or five or six) kids, wife to the most patient man in at least three centuries, and a self-employed copy writer. We moved back home to College Town, USA and enjoy shedding the past seven years of big city bling and garbage.

It took me several years to finally accept that I'm not original. Then another several more to be ok with it. I'll leave the serious creativity to God and praise him when he lets me piddle with stuff that's has a hint of His fingerprint. The most sincere thing I've produced that has me written all over is is my daughter, and I have no idea how those little swimmers managed to jitterbug their way into a baby.

At this precise moment I'm "working" at Chick-fil-a, and for those of you who don't know, it's the superior quick food joint in the nation. No, this is not a discussion. Chickfuls puts real chicken on real buns and serves it with a sweet side of "it's my pleasure." If you even try to disagree, at the very least, you aren't human. Or lost your taste buds in a freak laser accident. In which case you probably don't have mobility of your tongue. I'm sorry for you, freak laser accident victim.

Here's what we can work toward together:
  • I'll try to be honest with you, but I won't make any promises. I can't even be 100% transparent with my husband. What makes you think I can get to the bottom of the deep end of the pool (the side under the high dive) in a blog?
  • Most of what I'll put here is boring. But then there's a good amount of sanctity in what we'd call daily crap. I think it's worth discussing.
  • I will write or put something here every day.
  • I won't mention any names, but I will put pictures up. If they are of you and you don't want them posted, that's just stupid. Unless you're in an official witness protection program I don't think I'll do anything about it. You're really not that big of a deal. Plus I probably won't get around to doing much picture taking anyway.
  • My children will be poached for content and I won't apologize for it. Like pimped out child stars that never make any money. Those stage moms are crazy and I'll not damage their reputation.
  • Feel free to comment. I don't want to live this life alone and your words let me know that I'm not the only loony on the block.
Enough for now. I'm supposed to be working. Whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment