Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Introducing...SkipppyDon Juan!

I'd like to say that nicknaming our children comes naturally, that it rolls off the tongue. That it's original and cute and completely apropos. But I resort to stealing from children's literature.

So Little Dude it is no more!!

My handsome, googley eyed honey is now officially:

****SkippyDon Juan****

If you haven't read the SkippyJon Jones books yet, you're missing out on a side stitch of fun. And, well, Little Dude casts spells with those peepers. Puss in Boots or Dandy Manny came very close, but I thought he might not appreciate either one.

So, my tiny chunky hunk, my SkippyDon Juan, you are becoming quite the little boy.
  • We cut your last twelve baby hairs so they don't tickle your elbows. The Great Uncle Lionel, barber extraordinaire, did the honors at 3:30 on Sunday, May 31st. There was much fanfare and you sat very still for the paparazzi.
  • Today was pool day! The plastic one on the patio. You rocked that swim shirt! And thank you for not pooping whilst commando.
  • You love to Diaper Jam with the Hot Tamale after bath. Both of you lock hands and open your mouths soooooo wide and try to eat each other. You're losing, but not for long.
  • Get it going with that Electric Worm! It will become a crawl very, very, very soon. Dang! Can't park you on the bed anymore.
  • Peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash are officially part of your culinary repertoire. But that squash burned the crud out of your hiney area. Sorry bud.
  • I just want to kiss your face all day!! And you let me! Thank you, and I apologize in advance for smooching when it becomes embarrassing for you.
  • The ladies at the church nursery don't want to let you go. EVERY time we show up YOU are making eyes at them while all the other babies are on the floor.
  • What is that squeal noise?!? It's like a half dead kitty falsetto.

SkippyDon Juan, why you are the second of who knows how many children I can't say. I just know that your gentle spirit is a gift to you--not a result of Parenting Book X or your own effort. Please remember that God has placed that tiny, patient heart in your body for a specific reason and your whole existence depends upon using it for just that.

And don't forget that when I disappoint you, when I fail you, when you grow up and realize I'm human too, Jesus will always come through. He loves you and me more than we can fathom.

Buenas, mi amor...

2 comments:

  1. You almost made me cry with this one, Cousin. Praying for baby Aaron to know and love the Lord deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cousin. You are both precious gifts to me.

    ReplyDelete